Stonebrooke Homes Association Annual Meeting Minutes
Monday, April 15, 2013 @ 7:00 PM
Gladstone Community Center – Gashland Room, 6901 N. Holmes
Board of Directors Present:
President Dean Merkel, Board Members Jeff Brown, Carl Morrissey, Robin Wright
Charles & Charlene Blackwell, Ron Bowen, Jeff Brown, Harold and Barbara Condra, Bob and Susanne Drayer, Jeff Gerner, Tim & Angie Giddens, Maria Granado, Judy Layton, Dean & Karen Merkel, Carl Morrissey, Melissa Ohden, John & Sara Pummill, Debbie Smith, Patty Temaat, Gloria Williams, Steve & Robin Wright.
17 (26%) of the 65 homes were represented. A quorum was met.
CALL TO ORDER & WELCOME:
· Dean Merkel welcomed neighbors and offered refreshments. All attendees introduced themselves.
AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW:
· The Minutes of the 2012 annual and 2013 board meetings were made available for review.
· The 2012 Balance sheet, Profit & Loss, Budget vs Actual, and General Ledger of all expenditures were made available for review.
· Review of 2012 Financial Statement
o Balance at start of 2012 was $9325.80
o Year’s end balance of $8801.95
o Net loss of $523.95
o Balance at start of 2013 was $8801.95
· Budget for 2013 was reviewed and set at the spring Board of Director’s meeting.
o 2013 dues will again be $115. No increase, but will leave the HOA with a negative profit/loss for 2013 of approximately $1000. Due to the large balance the board agreed to not raise dues.
o 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 were all $115.
· 2013 Deffenbaugh trash/recycling service $185.40 (5% increase. 2012 was $176.40)
· Outstanding dues
o As of 4/12/13, nine homes with outstanding dues and fees.
o Homeowners were made aware that liens will be filed for all outstanding dues after May 1st. Lien fees are $100 + dues & interest.
As of Apr 12, 2013
Total of outstanding dues and fees
· Sara Pummill made motion to approve treasury report and motion was seconded by Steve Wright. All were in favor.
RECAP OF 2012-2013:
o 2012 Taxes – Due March 15th. Filed in March, 2013
o Picks up mail from PO Box weekly
o Records all transactions and makes all bank deposits
§ Bills paid by auto bank draft include: KC Power & Light, Gladstone water, Deffenbaugh
· Other Bills
o Directors & Officers Ins and General HOA Liability
o PO Box (annual paid in April)
o State registration of Incorporation (due in July, 2013)
o Sprinkler system backflow check in spring
o Sprinkler system blowout in fall
o Mowing – weekly through October
o Lawn fertilizing and tree spraying service
o Fountain and Landscaping expenses
o Postage, office supplies, meeting expenses, misc, etc.
STONEBROOKE IMPROVEMENTS- 2012-2013
· Two new fountain pumps were purchased and installed in the spring of 2012.
· Ryan Lawn and Tree killed most of the Bermuda and Zoysia grasses fall of 2012 and reseeded. Areas missed will be retreated this year.
· Gas powered hedge trimmer purchased from AAA Lawnmower Sales and Service, spring 2013.
· Electrical outlets and boxes were replaced, spring 2013.
HOMEOWNER STATUS FOR 2013:
· Two homes for sale, one sale pending
· 2 vacant lots
· 4 rental or leased homes
OTHER NEW BUSINESS:
ELECTION OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
· Nominations for new board members were requested.
· Nominations for current board was made by Judy Layton and seconded by Patty Temaat. Although requested, no new nominations were made.
o The current board discussed and accepted the nomination.
· Vote was made by written ballot. 15 of the 17 homeowners present completed ballots. In favor of retaining current board 15, against 0.
· With no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 8:20.
Minutes submitted by: Dean Merkel, President
Reviewed, approved and signed by: Robin Wright______________________________________
Robin Wright, Board Member
Thanks for making Stonebrooke a great neighborhood!