Monday, April 10, 2015 @ 7:00 PM
Gladstone Community Center – 6901 N. Holmes
Board of Directors, Stonebrooke Homes Association
Dean Merkel, Carl Morrissey, Tracey Goetsch, Justin Hough
CALL TO ORDER & WELCOME:
· Sign-in & refreshments with meeting called to order at 7:10
Board of Directors:
Tracey Goetsch, Justin Hough, Dean Merkel, Carl Morrissey, all present.
Charles & Charlene Blackwell, Ron Bowen, Brett Ellis, Tim and Angie Giddens, Tracey Goetsch, Justin Hough, Judith Layton, Dean & Karen Merkel, Carl Morrissey, John & Sara Pummill, Patty Temaat, Gloria Williams
12 (18.5%) of the 65 homes were represented. A quorum was met.
AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW:
· Minutes of the 2014 annual and 2015 board meetings. All annual meeting minutes are available on website.
· 2014 Balance sheet, Profit & Loss, Budget vs Actual, and General Ledger of all expenditures
· Motion to approve 2014 annual meeting minutes was made by Carl Morrissey with second by Judy Layton. All approved.
· 2014 Financial Statement was presented.
o Balance at start of 2014 was $8340.73
o Year-end balance for 2014 of $6550.55
o Net loss of $1790.18
· Budget for 2015 was reviewed and set at the spring Board of Director’s meeting.
o Due to the profit/loss estimate, the board agreed to raise 2015 dues to $130.
o 2009-2014 dues were all $115.
· 2015 Deffenbaugh trash/recycling service $210 (2014 was $195)
· Outstanding dues
o As of 4/20/15: 12 homes with total or partial outstanding dues and fees.
o If unable to pay total amount, pay in installments.
o Liens will be filed for all outstanding dues after May 1. Lien fees are $100 + dues & interest.
RECAP OF 2014-2015:
o Picks up mail from PO Box weekly and records all transactions and makes all bank deposits
o 2013 Taxes – Filed in Sept, 2014,
o Bills paid by auto bank draft include: KC Power & Light, Gladstone water, Deffenbaugh
· Other Bills
o Directors & Officers Insurance and General HOA Liability
o Accounting service
o PO Box (annual paid in April)
o State registration for Incorporation (2 years due in July 2015)
o Sprinkler system blowout in fall
o Sprinkler system backflow check
o Mowing – weekly through October
o Lawn fertilizing and tree spraying service
o Fountain and Landscaping expenses
o Postage, office supplies, misc, etc.
o Gladstone Community Center room
o Meeting expenses
o Fountain clean-out and start-up
o Landscaping expenses
STONEBROOKE IMPROVEMENTS- 2014-2015
· Removed dead blue spruce 2014
· Ryan lawn killed the Bermuda and Zoysia grasses in the fountain common area and reseeded with blue grass.
· New fountain pump this spring 2015
· Electrical outlet and box in front of fountain was replaced
· Imprellis settlement for damage to shrubs in 2012. Enough to replace blue spruce tree on hill by fountain.
· HOA received a matching grant from the City of Gladstone to make some landscaping improvements at the fountain.
§ Lawn and Trees
§ Additional landscaping at fountain
ELECTION OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
§ Carl, Dean and Justin willing to continue. Tracey decided to not continue.
§ Nominations: a request was made to all to nominate candidates for four openings
o Judy Layton and others nominated the current board members:, Dean Merkel, Carl Morrissey and Justin Hough
o Dean Merkel nominated Tim Giddens and he declined
o Patty Temaat nominated Ron Bowen
o Dean Merkel nominated Brett Ellis
§ Recommendation was made to proceed with 5 board members to assume more of the current duties
o Ballots were given to all homeowners
§ Vote by ballot – Justin collected and tallied all ballots
o Tally of votes: All 5 rec’d equal votes for the 2015-2016 board.
o Ron Bowen and Brett Ellis accepted position as new board members. Current board members Carl, Dean, and Justin also accepted.
o Judy Layton motioned for meeting adjournment with second by Karen Merkel
o Meeting adjourned at 8:05
Minutes taken by: Carl Morrissey
Reviewed, approved and signed by: _______Dean Merkel_____________________on _5/4/15______.
Signature on original